Yesterday, December 8, 2016, VP Leni Robredo told Sen. Cayetano Alan Peter Cayetano to speak up against the Marcoses despite his loyalty to President Rodrigo Duterte.
Robredo added that “I would have hoped that the outrage he showed during the campaign would still be the same until now. We understand that he’s fully supportive of the President, but that’s not enough reason for him to keep quiet.”
Learning upon the challenge posed by VP Robredo to him, Cayetano wasted no time to post his response to the former on Facebook.
The senator opened his Facebook post by thanking VP Robredo for the challenge, “Thank you for the challenge. Let me assure you I am doing what I can on the manner that I believe I can be most effective.”
He then went on to list a litany of challenges for the Vice-President to take upon…
- Ask how and why the drug problem got so bad and out of control.
- Call out and demand that your LP allies involved in illegal drugs resign and be jailed.
- Ask for justice for the SAF 44.
- Ask for justice for tanim bala victims.
- Ask for an investigation and justice on MRT anomalies.
- Expose other LP personalities’ involvement in graft and corruption.
- Ask for an investigation why despite expensive fees in the airport in the past admin, no CCTVs were purchased and installed.
- Ask the PCIJ, Rappler and Inquirer to look into your donors and undeclared expenses during your campaign.
- Ask ABS-CBN, and other media outlets that supported you to be fair and objective.
Cayetano took notice of Robredo’s silence on those issues but he said he respected the VP’s decision not speak about those against her party mates.
You were quiet about all of the above, but I respected your role and decision.
Before ended his Facebook post, Cayetano challenges the VP to rise above partisan politics and join hands with him for the good of the country.
There’s much more, but in a nutshell I challenge you to stop campaigning and thinking of The Presidency and help attract investments, build infrastructure, create jobs and redistribute wealth in our country.
Let’s do it together.
What can you say about this? Please let us know by commenting below.
Source: GMA News, Sen. Peter Alan Cayetano