In light of the tragedy that struck the Closeup Forever Summer Concert in Pasay City, a disc jockey has some words of advice to young party goers.
On Saturday night, 5 young party goers involving an American are confirmed dead after falling unconscious in the middle of the rave party.
Rumors are swirling around the social media that drinks, laced with an illegal substance, were passed around the party venue.
But the local police has yet to establish the cause of their deaths pending upon investigation. Check out the full story here.
In the meantime, a female DJ popular among the party circles in the local scene identified as Jessica Milner has some words of advice to the young party goers to avoid falling as a victim in the future.
Please read the FULL TEXT below of her open letter.
Because of the news circulating, I feel like I really need to speak out about this issue that has been widely ignored for the past couple of years.
I’ve been working in the nightlife industry for many years now and never have I ever seen such irresponsible drug use before especially in this generation of ravers and clubbers. Guys, I get it. Drugs have been a part of the rave culture since the 70s. You can’t deny the existence of it since generations before us have been doing this for many years already. What’s alarming to me is this generations lack of knowledge and responsibility when it comes to the dangers of these substances.
I’ve been hearing stuff about kids being rolled out in a stretcher with their eyes rolling back and even some people dying in the festival grounds. This is not cool. What puzzles me is when did it become perfectly acceptable to do these things out in the open? Why would you want to put yourself in a position where you know it’s going to be incredibly crowded and hot and you can’t even bring drinking water from the outside. At least prepare yourself beforehand with the necessities before you do that right? What you want to do with your body is none of my business but please, please know what you’re getting yourselves into. Last year in Boracay, I saw a group high off their minds and was basically putting on a show for everyone. What scared me is that they were chugging bottles of vodka like it was nothing and what’s worse is that there wasn’t a bottle of water in sight. This is the perfect example of ignorance. Alcohol already dehydrates you. Why would you want to dehydrate your body even further with vodka? Come on. Don’t be stupid. I’ve also been hearing reports that laced water bottles were being passed around and this is being blamed for some overdoses. This should be common sense. You shouldn’t be sipping from someone else’s water bottle in the first place. You don’t know what’s in it and you don’t know if your body can handle whatever’s in there. Like I said. Total lack of responsibility.
Guys I know it may seem cool to you now but voluntarily getting high and making kalat in public will just harm you in the future especially in the age of social media. It’s tacky and rude to the people around you. This should’ve never been an acceptable thing in the first place.
Bottom line is, that’s your body. I have no right to say what you want to do with it. But please for the love of the people who care about you and who love you. Be responsible and educate yourself with the dangers of these substances. If you’re feeling pressured by your friends, be strong and don’t do it if you don’t want to. If they are your real friends, they won’t push you.
You can still go to raves and have a great time without taking any illegal substances. Just surround yourself with great friends and listen to good music. That should be more than enough!
What are your thoughts on this?
SOURCE: Jenny Milner