The fearless forecast of prominent PolSci Professor: It’s Duterte-Marcos in the tight May election race over their respective rivals.
In a Facebook post, La Salle Political Science professor Antonio Contreras boldly predicts the impending win of Mayor Duterte for the presidency and Bongbong Marcos for the vice-presidency based on his appreciation of the latest Pulse Asia survey.
Please read the full text below of Professor Contreras latest post:
Reflections on the recent Pulse Asia survey.
1. People are angry and fed up and Duterte and Bongbong are the ones benefitting.
2. There is a prevailing vote against elitist and holier than thou politics, even as corruption remains a strong issue.
3. The SC decision did not help Poe. In fact, it may even be one of the causes of the people’s anger.
4. The cheating machine is now effectively checked by the threat of widespread violence now that the victim may not be Binay but Duterte, except if Binay wins. In the past, people do not mobilize against cheaters. Not this time.
5. Poe, and not Binay is the most damaged in this last survey. Her base is shrinking. Her momentum gone. She has peaked. The doubt on the legitimacy of the SC vote has become a curse; and her ties to oligarchs may have just been the nail now ready to be hammered into her political coffin.
6. Mar and Leni are not going to win. The math and the politics are simply stacked against them.
7. Binay is in trouble. He is losing his numbers. The only way he can turn this around is if his skills in face to face campaigning and the logistical support of his loyal base can once again be summoned to do another win from behind.
8. So for now, fearless forecast. It is going to be a tight race, but the chances of it going Duterte-Marcos are higher than other scenarios.
What can you say about his prediction?