During the Liberal Party’s 72nd anniversary celebration, VP Leni Robredo told her party mates “not to lose hope amid the shrouding darkness”.
Leni’s remarks did not sit well with her critics, including retired radio and TV broadcaster Jay Sonza who took to Facebook expressing his disappointment over the “darkness” statement.
On Facebook, Sonza writes:
tsk.tsk,,tsk…anong nangyari sa iyo kaibigang leni. why has politics so blinded you, that you can no longer discern real from lies, born out of propaganda. sayang ka my friend.
hindi ko mawari kung bakit mo nasabing, lahat sa Pilipinas ay madilim at walang kinabukasan. what a terrible statement!
– stock market is hitting at almost 9000, the first in history
– foreign direct investment is at its highest in the country
– philippines is the fastest growing economy in Asia
– tax collection effort by combined efforts of customs, internal revenue & other government agencies increased by almost a trillion pesos last year
– corrupt government officials are being booted out of office
– tax cheats are exposed and the levies are collected
i have a long list to enumerate the signs for a brighter tomorrow that your late husband and the late senator raul roco and i discussed so passionately in your apartment-residence in naga city in february of 2004.
nanghihinayang lang iyong panganay naming matandang dalaga na bumoto para sa iyo.
Sonza’s post struck a chord among his Facebook followers, generating 738 shares, 2,653 reactions and 296 comments and counting, three hours publishing it.
Here are samples of the angry and mocking comments of Sonza’s followers directed at Robredo.
She’s not even a Real VP, that’s why acting stupid idiot is accurate in her propaganda.
Sir ang pagiging pekeng VP nya nababalot sa kadiliman, kung kayat tapos na maliligayang are nya.
Andrew Janssen G. Barroga
if Leni claims she is not blinded by politics, I can conclude that she is a plain stupid.