ABS-CBN talents like Angel Locsin and Baron Geisler are very vocal, if not passionate campaigning for the franchise renewal of their mother studio.
Like Jay Sonza, we perfectly undertand why Locsin, Geisler and other ASB-CBN talents are passionately fighting for the Congressional franchise of ABS-CBN.
ABS-CBN is their employer and if the employer closes shop because of lack of license to operate, in this case, Congressional franchise, Locsin and company will be looking at an uncertain future, considering we only have two major and one minor player in the TV industry.
Sonza, a former ABS-CBN broadcaster whose ugly divorce with the TV network shocked the public at that time, is now a staunch Duterte supporter and one of vocal proponents against granting of Congressional franchise to ABS-CBN.
You can accuse Sonza of having an axe to grind versus his former employer that is why he is badmouthing his former bosses but it does not mean we dismiss outright whatever has to say now, correct?
Anyway, Sonza said he will educate Locsin, Geisler and company by sharing some information about ABS-CBN that may change their minds and quit helping ABS-CBN gets a new lease on life via a Congressional franchise.
Anyway, I don’t want to misquote Jay Sonza so I urge you to read his full FB post below now.
I can understand why Angel Locsin, Baron Geisler, and other television performers are so passionate in expressing their strong sentiments on the possibility of a non extension of the congressional franchise to abs-cbn broadcasting corporation.
Simple. they earn their living and the perks of fame from the network. Alangan naman na upakan nila ang himpilang nagpapakain sa kanila.
But only to educate these hombre, let me share some information to these young and new breed of talents.
1. the company is not 65 years old. abs or Alto Broadcasting Service of the Quirino family was annexed (itanong nyo sa mga Lopez paano nila nakuha) by cbn or Chronicle Broadcasting Network of the Lopez clan and merged in 1959. abs-cbn was taken out of commission from 1972 to 1986 (14 year-shut down).
2. The company is one big violator of existing laws of the land:
= more than 90 percent of their employees are victims of ENDO or labor only contracting despite working practically 24/7 Monday to Sunday. Check their labor cases pending before NLRC numbering hundreds.
= almost 90 percent are NOT given their due social amelioration as provided by law regardless of work status including but not limited to SSS, PhilHealth and Pagibig Fund coverages. Simply ask any ‘talent employee” if they have one.
= the company is not honest and religious in paying their taxes, tarrif, duties, etc. Proof of these are their cases before tax courts.
3. While the network projects publicly their concern and compassion, take a look of these samples:
– Ruth Abao Espinosa = radio announcer and TV news and public affairs program presenter. She got pregnant. went on maternity leave. Hindi na pinabalik sa trabaho.
– Izza Reniva Cruz = news producer and writer. nabuntis. nanganak. nagpapasuso. pinabalik sa trabaho mula 11 ng hatinggabi hanggang 7 ng umaga.
– Public donations sa abs cbn Foundation pinambili ng lupa at sasakyan, pinagpatayo ng gusali at pinamigay na donasyon sa Ateneo Alumni Association.
4. Huwag na nating pag-usapan ang iba pang kahalayan at pangangalunya sa loob ng bakuran. Huwag na nating pangalanan ang mga artista at program hosts at news anchors na bumababa mula sa penthouse ng bagong paligo o may pabahay o pakotse.
Gaya ng tinuran. I don’t blame these people for expressing their thoughts.