Amid the buzz of Manny Pacquiao’s presidential aspiration, Cebuano lawyer Bruce V. Rivera published a Facebook article with the title “DANGEROUS SIGNS NA HUWAG TUMAKBONG PRESIDENTE”, an apparent swipe at the boxer turned politician.
Atty. Bruce listed down 7 signs that Pacquiao should watch out for before taking the plunge.
The list is written in Filipino and self-explanatory which Pacquiao can easily follow and understand without the need for assistance from his advisers.
Basically, Atty. Rivera sounds like he was not serious, apparently to amuse the readers but at the same time, to send the message that Pacquiao’s candidacy is not to be taken seriously.
1. Kung mayaman ka na at alam lahat na mayaman ka. Hindi lahat na nakapaligid sa yo, kakampi mo.
2. Kung sulat ka lang ng sulat sa ibang president na parang kalevel mo na sila. Si Leila ang sulatan mo.
3. Kung hindi mo alam ihiwalay ang totoo sa echus. Echus yung, tatalon sa eroplano, magpapasagasa sa tren, magjetski at itanim ang bandila at ang gwapo mo!! Joke un. Tanga lang naniwala nun. Kaloka!!
4. Yung sumulat ka kay Xi at WPS ang tawag mo sa dagat na sinakop nila. Kasi dun pa lang, andami nang hindi mo alam.
5. Yung nag-aakala na kung kilala ka ay irerespeto na ang sasabihin mo.
6. Yung mga naniniwalang porket pambansang ano sila ay pwede na sIla sa magsalita para sa bansa. Naku, pambansang kati ako pero di ako lumuluhod sa ngalan ng bayan.
7. Kung ang idea mo sa pagiging pangulo ay tumulong LANG sa mahirap. Chief Executive po hindi Cheap Executive
AS of this writing, Atty. Bruce’s FB post has generated 1,600+ reactions, 94 shares and 116 comments in barely 3 hours since hitting the publish button and counting.
Commenting on Atty. Bruce’s thread, MJ Quiambao Reyes, pro-Duterte socmed blogger and friend of Atty. Bruce wrote that another Pacquiao statement deserves a slot in the list: “Pag nanalo ako’ng senador I will give up my other career so I can be more active as senator. “
Another netizen commented to praise Atty. Bruce’s article: “Sarcasm at its finest !! Luv it “
A third one remarked that helping the poor is very welcome but to aim for the Presidency is too much because he can’t even fix his own province. “Pwede naman tumulong sa mahirap na. Hindi na mag ambisyon sa presidente… Sarili mo probinysa hindi mo maayos.”
“Sad na walang ability ang iba to introspect their own capability, common sense is not really common,” wrote another.
This Pacquiao fan said he will vote for Pacquiao if he runs for senator again but not voting should he run for President. “Kung senador iboboto ko pa rin…pero kung presidente tanga lng boboto dyan…”