When asked of the possibility of PDP – Laban (PRRD’s political party) forging an alliance with Lakas – CMD, President Duterte rejected the idea outright because BBM is there and called him a weak leader. [Video here]
On that note, a BBM-Sara tandem supporter named Mike Matarese can’t stop himself from defending Marcos from PRRD’s tirade on Facebook.
Basically, Matarese said calling BBM a weak leader does not hold water. He went on to answer Duterte’s “BBM is a weak leader” argument by citing BBM’s achievements starting as Governor, Congressman and finally as a one-term senator before running for VP.
On BBM being a spoiled brat? Matarese asked if BBM was a spoiled brat, his parents would not have urged him to join the Scout Ranger Training Course back in the day to endure brutal hardships?
On BBM being a weak leader during crisis? Matarese dismissed this as another false claim by PRRD. He cited BBM as one of the firsts to arrive at the scene after super typhoon Yolanda devastated Tacloban and recently during the Taal eruption to give assistance to the victims of natural disasters.
In other words, Matarese dismissed PRRD’s “weak leader” label at BBM as purely “political” and hogwash or nonsense.
A. On BBM being a weak leader:
1. As governor, he helped make Ilocos Norte into the first ISO-certified province in the Philippines.
2. As congressman, he crafted laws that are beneficial to the nation.
3. As senator, he crafted laws that are beneficial to the nation, championed the Constitution by revising the BBL, and defended the OFWs in the “laglag-bala” and “bukas-balikbayan box” scandals.
B. On BBM being a spoiled brat:
He couldn’t possibly be a spoiled brat. He was encouraged by PFEM to join the super-elite Scout Rangers which has a brutal training regimen. If he was spoiled, his parents would not have wanted him to endure hardships, a brutal one at that.
C. On BBM being a weak leader during crisis:
1. Just like PRRD, he was one of the first ones to arrive at the scene after Yolanda devastated Tacloban City.
2. He was there during the Taal eruption to give assistance and he wasn’t even a government official.
3. In the BBM page in Facebook, there are pictures of BBM providing assistance to disaster-stricken areas.
All of these opinions are total nonsense. I respect PRRD but this is pure “pamumulitika.” He should just concentrate on making his candidate win without the mudslinging.
Source: Mike Matarese