Outgoing Senator Antonio Trillanes refuses to go quietly into the night and until the remaining days of his senate stint, stays true to form as Duterte admin’s number 1 critic.
In a Facebook post dated June 3, 2019, Trillanes wrote a Facebook post to correct what he said are Duterte’s lies and before it could root again, he wants to set the record straight.
The Duterte’s lies Trillanes was referring to were the Free College Tuition law, Universal Health Care Law, Free Irrigation Law and National Feeding Program for the Poor.
Trillanes asserted the credit should go to his senate colleagues, not to President Duterte.
Upon reading Senator Antonio Trillanes IV’s arguments, Facebook blogger MJ Quiambao Reyes couldn’t help but react on Facebook which one Trillanes didn’t get and went on to lecture the job of a senator.
In addition, Reyes argued that PRRD is deserving of the credit because he supported and signed it, regardless who is the sponsor, whether from the administration or opposition senators.
Many of the bills passed into law under the current administration were either vetoed or unsigned by the previous administration.
Before ending her FB post, Reyes asked Trillanes what were the landmark bills that he passed in his 12 years in the senate?
Except, the CPD law which the professionals have denounced because of the additional burden imposed on them.
You may read Reyes’ full FB post now.
DEAR MR. TRILLANES,
Ano ba ang hindi mo ma-gets?
1) Na trabaho ng Senado ang pagsusulat at pagsulong ng mahahalagang batas? Tinuturo po yan kahit sa elementarya pa lang. Absent much?
2) Na marami sa mga napirmahang batas ngayon ay hindi pumasa or even worse, na-veto ng nakaraang admin?
3) Na lahat ng nabanggit mo ay madaling naisulong at naisabatas dahil sinuportahan at pinirmahan ito ng kasalukuyang Pangulo kaalyado man o opposisyon pa ang sponsor nito? (Kasi ang mas mahalaga sa kanya ay kung ano ang makakabuti sa bayan at sa mga mamamayan).
4) Na hinahanapan at ginagawan ng paraan ng Pangulong paborito mo’ng intrigahin para mabigyan ng sapat na budget at maisakatuparan ang mga nasabing batas? (Sa halip na ibulsa ang budget o gamitin for patronage politics ala DAP at PDAF!)
5) Na ni isa sa mga nabanggit mo’ng batas ay hindi ikaw ang principal author or sponsor?
So ano nga ba’ng mahalagang batas ang naisulong mo sa 12 years mo sa senado?
Aaaaah, oo nga pala, yung pasakit na CPD law na inaarayan at inaayawan ng mga professionals! Ambrayt!