It appears the Hidilyn Diaz “hirap na hirap na ako” issue isn’t going away quickly.
Facebook blogger Benjie Daisy Contreras posted and intriguing question on Facebook if the Rio Olympics silver medalist really need financial support?
If you ask Contreras, the answer is a BIG NO.
According to Contreras’ research, she has received millions for winning silver in the 2016 Rio Olympics in women’s weightlifting.
The following year, she won silver medal in the 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, she earned P1M for her efforts.
In 2018, for winning the gold in the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia, Diaz received more or less P6M.
In 2019, Diaz was given P4.5M for her trainings in China, a new gym built for her and provided with a foreign coach, courtesy of the PSC.
Diaz is also getting P45K monthly allowance from the PSC. As a AirForce Sgt. she receives almost P33K salary.
Now, let me ask you again, does she looks like someone really in need of financial support?
Did I tell you MVP Foundation and Alcantara and Sons also financially support her?
You may read Benjie Daisy Contreras’ full FB post below.
DOES HIDILYN DIAZ REALLY NEED FINANCIAL SUPPORT?
Sabi ni Olympian weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz ay “HIRAP NA HIRAP NA AKO. I NEED FINANCIAL SUPPORT. NAHIHIYA KASI AKO, PERO TRY KO KAPALAN MUKHA KO PARA SA MINIMITHING KONG PANGARAP”.
Sa tinuran ito ni Hidilyn Diaz parang sinabi niya na siya’y pinapabayaan ng gobyernong Duterte. Kulang ang suportang ibinibigay sa kanya para sa preparasyon sa 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
I made a research on Diaz’ claim that she’s really in dire need of financial help which insinuates that the government has been remiss in providing financial support to her.
Here are the cash incentives, salary, allowances and other benefits that Hidilyn Diaz received/receives from the government and private sector.
*For winning silver medal in Rio Olympics in 2016:
1. Cash incentive of P5 million under RA No. 10699.
2. P2 million additional cash from Pres. Duterte
3. P500,000 from LGU of Zamboanga City
4. P500,000 from the Senate
5. Undisclosed cash amount from Sen. Manny Pacquiao
6. Scholarship benefits
7. Retirement benefits which is 25% of all her cash winnings throughout her career
8. Free medical/dental consultation
9. 20% discount on purchase of medicines, sports equipments, transportation, hotels, restaurants and recreation centers
*For winning silver medal in 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
1. P1 million cash incentive under RA No. 10699
*For winning gold medal in 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia:
1. Cash incentive of P2 million under RA No. 10699
2. Cash incentive of P2 million from Phil. Olympic Committee (POC)
3. P1 million from Siklab Foundation
4. P1 million from Phil Ambassador to Indonesia Lee Hong
*2019 Phil Sports Commission (PSC) support to Diaz
1. P4.5 million fund for trainings in China
2. Provided her a foreign coach
3. A new weightlifting gym has been constructed in the RMSC for her training
*Monthly Allowance from PSC
*Monthly base pay as Airwoman Sergeant
*Support from private companies
1. MVP Foundation
2. Alcantara and Sons
With these kind of financial support and benefits Hidilyn Diaz receives from the Duterte government and private sector, I’m wondering if she really needs additional financial support from private individuals and companies?
MAHIYA KA NAMAN HIDILYN DIAZ!!!!!