While Filipino school children are taught in schools that Marcos was behind the Plaza Miranda bombing in August 21, 1971, it was later revealed that CPP-NPA founder Joma Sison ordered the bombing.
According to Wikipedia, the Liberal Party was supposed to declare their 8 senatorial candidates, including their local bet for the Manila mayoralty race.
Meanwhile, retired broadcaster Jay Sonza revealed on his Facebook post today, Ninoy Aquino masterminded the Plaza Miranda bombing for his presidential ambition?
According to Sonza, Aquino was planning to run for President in the 1973 election but the Liberal Party was eyeing Mar Roxas dad as their bet so the overambitious Ninoy connived with CPP-NPA founder Joma Sison and the rest they say is history.
Sonza also discussed how Pnoy got his name “Simeon” and Cory Aquino’s relation to Ninoy.
This has been shared online many times but when someone like Sonza’s caliber is talking about it, then you know it’s golden.
Now, let’s talk about Sen. Ninoy.
1. Ang totoong pangalan niya Benigno Simeon A (Aquino). Aquino Junior. Para sa hindi nakakabatid, ang nanay niya ay Aquino din ang family name. Hindi ko po alam bakit siya naging junior, dahil ang tatay niya na naging political figure ay wala naman Simeon sa pangalan.
2. Si Ninoy ay naging reporter ng The Manila Times, gaya ni TV5 news anchor, Ed Lingao. sa magkaibang panahon. Ang inyong lingkod ay naging Columnist din ng pahayagang ito sa magkaibang dekada.
3. Noong panahon ng digmaan sa Korean Peninsula, ipinadala siya ng Manila Timess to cover the war. I understand he was the youngest reporter then. After which bumalik siya Pilipinas sabay pasikat na nagkasugat pa siya bunga ng coverage. As authenticated later, it was a self-inflicted galos sa labi na tinakpan ng band-aid para magmukha lang siyang sikat.
4. Sumunod sa yapak ng ama si Ninoy. Naging alkalde ng bayan ng Concepcion at governor ng Tarlac at kalaunan ay nag senador sa ilalim ng bandila ng Liberal Party.
5. Batay sa nakatala sa kasaysayan, si Ninoy, kasama ang ilang mga political leader at academician ang nagtatag ng Communist Party of the Philippines at New People’s Army (CPP-NPA). Katunayan, siya ang nagsulong upang kilalanin ng estado ang kanilang samahan bilang legal political party.
6. Todo ang ambisyon ni Ninoy na maging president ng Pilipinas. Pinaghandaan niya ang 1973 presidential elections. Lamang ay hindi siya ang kursunada ng LP, kundi ang tatay ni Mar Roxas na si Sen. Gerardo “Gerry” Roxas bilang standard bearer ng partidong dating kinaaniban din ni Ferdinand E Marcos na kinuhang guest candidate ng Nacionalista Party at nanalo laban sa tatay ni Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo na si Diosdado Macapagal in 1965 and re-elected under NP as president vs. Sergio Osmena Jr in 1969.
7. Tusong pulitiko si Ninoy. During the Plaza Miranda bombing, the senator from Tarlac was conspicuously absent from the stage and was billeted at the Hilton Hotel along UN Avenue, a few hundred meters from the Plaza. Marcos was blamed for the bombing, until one day, the real bombers spilled the beans. Ninoy allegedly masterminded the bombing so he could run for the 1973 elections as the official standard bear of his party.
8. As fate would have it, Martial Law was declared. The scheduled elections were called off. Ninoy was later arrested, incarcerated, tried and meted the punishment of death by musketry for the crime of TREASON.
+ TO BE CONTINUED. itutuloy ko ito mamaya. mag-aalmusal lang ako, dahil kailangan kong kumain, dahil iinom ako ng gamut later. see you soon. PROMISE. (hindi pa ito proof-read and edited)
Netizen Andoy Edradan Jeon joined the chorused of netizens who believed Ninoy was behind the Plaza Miranda bombing.
Boss, may i add to that, according to Victor Corpuz it was Joma Sison who masterminded the bombing to blame Marcos and eventually entice people to join communist movement. Now wether Joma and Ninoy conspired for it remains to be proven until Joma will admit. Apparently however if Joma and ninoy are collaborator at that time, then it is highly that Ninoy had a hand in the bombing. Proof of conspiracy is ninoy being aware of the bomb thats why he is not while he should be there as one of the main political figure. Adding to it is he is the central figure why this cpp npa movement was organized
Mandy Garcia Diansen suggested it’s time to revisit our history re Ninoy Aquino, the hero. I guess, kailangan siguro nating baguhin ang kasaysayan regarding Kay Ninoy.