The news that a US senator has filed a bill seeking the ban of PH government officials involved with the “wrongful imprisonment” of Sen. Leila de Lima has been well applauded by the Opposition camp.
As expected, the supporters of the Duterte administration and those who are anti-Opposition has decried the US senator’s move, calling it meddling of PH internal affairs.
Meanwhile, retired broadcaster Jay Sonza has a different take of the US senator’s move.
Sonza said that all those noise are merely a distraction to lead the public away from the important national issues.
Sonza went on to cite six of these issues he deemed more pressing than the ban of PH gov’t officials from entering US soil.
I deliberately omitted the fourth issue that mentioned Senator Risa Hontiveros and the Phil Health fund because Rappler and Vera Files already debunked this as fake news.
Issue #6 cited by Mr. Sonza is debatable due to the absence of news stories corroborating it.
But the rest are all over the news and can be easily Googled online.
Overall, Sonza’s message is clear – don’t get distracted by the sideshow, focus on the important issues. Otherwise, half of the battle is already won by the Opposition
You may read Jay Sonza’s original article below.
Huwag kayong palalansi.
Inililihis lang nila ang mga isyu.
1. Ilalabas na ang results of the preliminary investigation on the determination of probable cause against Leni Robredo, Sonny Trillanes, Bishop David, Rev. Alejo and some 30+ co-accused of sedition, inciting to sedition, libel, cyber libel, estafa, and other crimes
2. Ilalabas na ang desisyon sa electoral protest ni Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Junior laban kay Rep. Leonora Robredo ng presidential electoral tribunal o Korte Suprema hinggil sa Kung sino talaga ang inihalal na Vice President ng Philippines.
3. Malapit ng matapos ang pagdinig sa kaso ni Sen. Leila de Lima hinggil sa illegal drug trading and protection sa Muntinglupa RTC.
5. Nakatakda ng isampa ang kasong multiple murder sa mga sangkot sa kamatayan ng SAF 44 laban kina Pres. Aquino, Sec. Roxas, atbp.
6. Umuusad na ang 240 reklamong ng pandaramdong o plunder laban kina Aquino, Abad, Abaya, Roxas, atbp.
These are the real issues of national significance.