On the 19th of May 2022, retired UP Political Science Professor Clarita Carlos dared some cretins in her department who wants to cancel her to bring it on.
Two days later, it appears the cretins from her department at the UP Diliman took the dare and released a statement informing the public regarding an OFFICIAL ROSTER of the REGULAR faculty members, PROFESSOR EMERITI and Professorial/Senior Lecturers of the UP Department of Political Science which they can find at the link provided.
In reaction to the sudden statement from the UP PolSci Department, the retired UP Political Science Professor Clarita Carlos took to Facebook to fire back at the regular faculty members of her department in UP by giving them her brief history.
Basically, the retired UP Political Science Professor denied ever calling herself UP Political Science after retirement in 2011 when interviewed by local or international networks.
To answer the question she posed at the very beginning, the retired UP Professor revealed that as per revelation by her chairman, the department took a “collective stand” about the issue of her styling herself as ACTIVE when she was already RETIRED!!!
In that regard, the retired UP professor announced that she is not taking this unjust, idiotic and clearly malicious accusation sitting down and challenged those who took this stand to defend their baseless and brainless claims, in a department meeting.
According to retired UP Prof. Carlos, the dept. head was instructed by this “collective ” in the department that the “matter should be laid to rest’!
The combative Professor (retired) is telling the so-called “collective” to end this matter since they started it by admitting their allegations against her were unfounded in their next meeting and should be reflected in the minutes.
Otherwise, the retired UP Professor is mulling invoking cyberlibel law to protect her name from malicious accusations.
Why suddenly this announcement from my department?
My response…,maikling kasaysayan…
1. I started teaching at the UP department of political science in May, 1967;
2. I retired on June 24, 2011 upon reaching mandatory retirement at 65;
3. Since then, until March 2020 when pandemic struck, I had been teaching a graduate course on geopolitics on a saturday;
4. I was due for another appointment as Professorial Lecturer for the next academic year, but chose not to teach online;
5. I have been in constant touch with our chairman, noting when F2F will resume so I can continue teaching, if there is a need;
6. I have been interviewed since the early 80s by both local and foreign networks and had always ID’ed myself as a UP Professor of political science;
7. After retirement, I had ALWAYS ID’ed myself as a RETIRED UP PROFESSOR. To claim otherwise is both an egregious LIE and idiotic;
8. Why this notice suddenly? Because ostensibly, as relayed by our chairman to me last week, the department took a “collective stand” about the issue of my styling myself as ACTIVE when I am RETIRED!!! Really!!!
9. I did not take this unjust, idiotic and clearly malicious accusation sitting down and challenged those who took this stand to defend their baseless and brainless claims, in a department meeting;
10. The department chair was instructed by this “collective ” in the department that the “matter should be laid to rest’!
11. Sagot ko: Aba, kayo nagumpisa nito, so, tapusin ninyo by admitting your accusations against me were baseless, in your next department meeting, so this will be reflected in the minutes;;
12. One does not need an IQ of 140 to see the REAL issue here…It is NOT about being retired or active…but, clearly, it is about my not worshipping in the altar of their chosen candidate…Note that those who had accused me are shrouded in their social media accounts, in the political color of their preferred candidate…
13. Repeat: HIndi ako nagumpisa nito…But, I cannot allow people to destroy my name which I have painstakingly built in 56 years thru sheer hard work and perseverance…
14. In future, there will be another retired UP professor of political science… I do not want that next one to be cruelly and unjustly “cancelled” by anyone in the regular faculty of my department!!!
15. Finally, as an ordinary citizen, I know I can invoke our cyberlibel laws, to protect me from irresponsible and malicious accusations…
Source: Clarita Carlos