Comedian and singer Janno Gibbs was quoted by news website Balita.net complaining about deadline for paying taxes. He said the poor are fine because they are not paying taxes. The wealthy are fine because he said, they have many ways. (He left the sentence hanging which can be interpreted in different ways, depending how imaginative your mind is.) The middle class are pitiful, they can’t evade paying taxes. Good thing I have no job.
Atty. Nick of the FB page Nick Nañgit – NCN Law can’t help but correct Janno Gibbs’ assertion regarding PH taxes.
In a Facebook post, Atty. Nick wrote the headline ‘SPOTTED TANGA’ to arouse the curiosity of netizen who stumbled upon his FB page.
Atty. Nick wasted no time in exposing the inaccuracies of Janno Gibbs’ statement regarding taxes.
First and foremost, Atty. Nick asked Janno Gibbs what tax he was talking about when we are just starting the month. If he was talking about withholding tax, he has nothing to worry about since he is just the recipient and the payor with withhold the tax.
Second, Janno Gibbs was correct to say that the poor are not paying taxes unless they are earning more than 250K a year. Thanks to the TRAIN Law of President Duterte. If he was alluding to PBBM, Atty. Nick said the Supreme Court has already junked the petition regarding tax evader allegation. Atty. Nick urged Janno Gibbs to read.
Third, Atty. Nick slammed Janno Gibbs for insinuating that the rich don’t pay taxes or correct taxes because they have different ways how to evade paying? Atty. Nick told Janno Gibbs that corporations and individual taxpayers are taxed differently so what hell was he talking about the rich have “paraan” or ways to evade paying tax?
Atty. Nick went on for a few more paragraphs debunking Janno Gibbs’s double meaning statement regarding paying taxes.
You may now read Atty. Nick’s original FB post below.
1. Anong tax yan e simula pa lang ng buwan? Kung withholding tax yan, e recipient ka lang, so ang payor ang mag wi-withhold ng tax. Bakit mo poproblemahin? Maka mema ka, wagas!
2. Tamo, wala talagang babayaran ang mahihirap kung hindi sila kumikita ng lalagpas sa 250k sa isang taon. Pasalamatan mo si #PRRD, dahil ginawa niyang urgent ang TRAIN Law, kaya ipinasa agad ng Kongreso. At kung itinutumbok mo naman si #BBM, ibinasura na ng Korte Suprema ang mga petisyon na ume eme emeng tax evader siya. Magbasa ka!
3. Pero, wait, ang binubuwisan ay kita, hindi dahil mahirap o mayaman. Kung walang kinikita, mahirap o mayaman man, e di walang buwis. Malay mo kung palamunin lang sila sa loob ng isang taon?! Stew feed na bansot!
4. Ang mayayaman nagbabayad din ng buwis. So, anong may paraan? Iba ang mga korporasyon sa mga indibidwal na nagbabayad ng buwis. At hindi yan dahil mayaman o mahirap sila! Saang multiverse mo natutunan yan? Btw, kahit bansot, may bidyo ka nga pala?! Dakilang iskandalosa!
5. Lahat binubuwisan, basta’t may kita. Ke purita, middle class, o mayaman, obligasyon yan sa Estado! Lahat ng Estado sa buong mundo ay naniningil ng buwis. Paano mabubuhay ang pamahalaan kung walang buwis? Ganun din sa pamilya! Paano mabubuhay ang pamilya kung walang kita ang nagtataguyod nito? Despwes, kmusta na kayo ni Bing?
6. Kahit wala kang trabaho, nagbabayad ka pa rin ng buwis! Ungas nato! Kumakain ka, bumibili ng basic needs sa supermarket, at tumatawag sa telepono. Sa tingin mo, walang buwis na ipinapasa sa iyo ang mga suppliers at providers? May tinatawag na “liability for tax” at “burden of tax”. Syempre, hindi mo yan alam at hindi abot ng utak mo ang kaalaman na yan, kaya dakdak ka na lang ng dakdak, at baka sakali nga namang may maawa sayo at bigyan ka ng trabaho?!
Mag banat ka ng buto, hindi yung e ema para may ayuda, tongue in ah!
Source: Nick Nañgit – NCN Law